The Cybercrime/ Cyber Security training course will focus on preparing students for the in-demand Security Plus certification from the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). CompTIA is a non-profit trade association that issues professional certifications for the IT industry.
The cybersecurity training program is divided into two main parts:
1. Train students to fill in-demand cybersecurity jobs in the following areas:
- Incident response
- Ethical Hacking
- Federal Information Security Management Act(FISMA) compliance
- CompTIA Security+ certification training
2. Career/mentorship Counseling
- Provide cybersecurity Mentors to coach students about cyber jobs
- Lifelong access to cyber resources including labs
- Assist students with the development of professional cyber-related resumes
- Conduct mock job interviews to ensure students are prepared for actual interviews
- Lifelong reach back capabilities
Instruction format will be conducted as such:
The training will cover:
• Introduction to Cybersecurity
• Ethical Hacking
• Risk Management Framework
• Incident Response
• CompTIA Security plus training
- Students are trained in In-demand cybersecurity skills
- Students attained baseline certification including CompTIA Security+
- Employers have access to technically savvy cybersecurity workforce
- Provide employment matching to those students seeking cybersecurity careers
Potential Earnings and Wages:
- Certified Fiber Optic Technician nation-wide is $59,870 or $23.13 per hour.
- The average salary for a Drone Operator is $47,803.
- The average salary for a Real Estate Appraiser is $60,414.
- The average salary for a Cyber Security Analyst is $76,410 / yr.
- The average salary for a Welder is $17.86 per hour.
- The average hourly pay for a Construction Worker is $16 an hour.