Eds Tech Training Sites is searching for skilled Fiber Optic Training Instructors for our Gulf Coast Training Program. Candidates must possess a high school diploma, GED or industrial school certificate, a willingness to travel, and 5 or more years of practical experience with Fiber Optics. Necessary skills, Technical expertise with fiber optics and integrated network system experience is required.
The Fiber Optic Instructor will be responsible for the successful delivery of ETAs certified Fiber Optic training. The candidate must pass all required tests to become a ETA Certified Fiber Optic Instructor (CFOI). Once certified, the individual will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain A ETA Fiber Optic Instructor Certification in accordance with EDS standards.
- Update and validate student training records
- Prepare all training material prior to the delivery of each class
- Ensure students are provided with the proper materials and tooling for each course
- Maintain inventory of training material
- Review all student critique sheets
- Update antiquated training documents
- Communicate daily with supervisor
- Provide comprehensive knowledge as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more systems
Complete all training related tasking as required
Candidates must possess a high school diploma, GED or industrial school certificate
Prior teaching experience with minimum 5 years of fiber optic experience.
Must have previous certification in fiber optic connectorization and inspection of cable assemblies.
Excellent communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Must be able to pass drug test and background check for access to military bases.
Must have experience in leading projects and teams of fiber optic technicians and/or fiber optic cable
Must be able to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, stretch, reach, squat and twist
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30Lbs
Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels
Must be willing to travel within and outside of the continental United States
Master Training Specialist