The EDS Tech Real Estate Inspection Course offers technical training that meets the requirements for Texas certification as a Building Inspector. The course covers standards of practice and systems, such as exterior, interior, plumbing, electrical, structural, and HVAC systems.
Upon completion of the EDS Inspection Course, students will be on a pathway to obtaining their Professional Inspector License by first being licensed as an Apprentice Real Estate Inspector through the Texas Real Estate Commission. This enables the apprentice to perform detailed examinations of residential and commercial properties, such as townhomes, single-family homes, office buildings, and shopping centers to determine structural soundness and compliance with specifications of building codes and other regulations for safety.
While the state of Texas has its own licensing board, other states practice licensing requirements outlined by the National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI) or the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). State licensure typically requires that a property inspector has a minimum of relevant coursework, experience in the form of previous employment in the construction field, successful completion of an exam, and liability insurance. Licensed Apprentice Real Estate Inspectors are not required to take the state exam before being licensed. They only need to be trained and sponsored by a Sponsoring Professional Real Estate Inspector.
Specific duties, responsibilities, and procedures the student will be trained in are:
Real estate inspector applicant must complete 90 classroom hours of core real estate inspection courses as follows:
- 10 hours in foundations
- 8 hours in framing
- 10 hours building enclosure
- 10 hours in roof systems
- 8 hours in plumbing systems
- 10 hours in electrical systems
- 10 hours in heating ventilation, and air conditioning systems
- 8 hours in appliances
- 4 hours in Texas Standards of Practice
- 4 hours in Texas Standard Report Form/Report Writing; and
- 8 hours in Texas Legal/Ethics
REAL ESTATE INSPECTION COURSE: 5 WEEKS
Potential Earnings and Wages:
- Certified Fiber Optic Technician nation-wide is $59,870 or $23.13 per hour.
- The average salary for a Drone Operator is $47,803.
- The average salary for a Real Estate Appraiser is $60,414.
- The average salary for a Cyber Security Analyst is $76,410 / yr.
- The average salary for a Welder is $17.86 per hour.
- The average hourly pay for a Construction Worker is $16 an hour.